We have a great blog hop for you this month. Our April Paper Crafting Blog Hop theme is masculine (often the most neglected type of product). However, you will see there are so many fun projects and design styles from this group of talented Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the globe. Be sure to stop at each of our blogs to see each one! You may have arrived from Annette's blog. Did you love her project?
Slim Card Chevrons With a Masculine Twist
This month's blog theme gave me the perfect opportunity to create a card for my sweet and helpful husband. With our anniversary coming up, I decided to create a card that would show him how much I appreciate him. I decided to use the SLIM SAYINGS bundle with the chevron die in the SLIM CARD dies included in this bundle. And since he is a big nature lover, I brought in my PEACEFUL DEER stamp set which has some great pine trees. (You can use those Christmas themed stamp sets for more than just Christmas)!
For my focal image:
- I created a ink blended background. First I taped off a masked border (be sure to use low tack tape or masking paper) on the Basic White cardstock and then used Pool Party ink and Blending Brush---concentrating more ink around the edges than the middle.
- I stamped my sentiment onto the blended background with Tuxedo Black Momento ink.
- For the pine trees I took 2 of the pine tree stamps and placed them next to each other on the clear block to stamp them together (one of the great benefits of photopolymer stamps). TIP: Stamp solid images using the Stampin' Pierce Mat to get the best stamped image results.
- Then I fussy cut the Evening Evergreen stamped pine trees using my Paper Snips Scissors.
- Lastly, I added some of the Classic Matte Dots in the Basic White color for a little extra embellishment.
I am really enjoying the fun background that the SLIM CARD dies creates. I will be very sad when it retires with the Jan-June 2022 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. So if you like this look too, be sure to order it right away!
Here's some more samples using these great SLIM CARD dies. And they are so easy to put together when you use the Adhesive Sheets! I always cut the die in at least 2 different cardstock colors and then make 2 different cards with the pieces. (Look closely and you will notice that my sample for this Paper Crafting Blog Hop uses pieces left over from my "Hello" card shown below. I just changed the card base color from Basic White to Evening Evergreen for a very different look).
I really hope you have enjoyed my project. Post comments, or questions, in the comments section below. I love seeing your posts!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thanks for hopping with us this month. Now click on the "Next Blog" image to zoom to Tracy's blog to see another fantastic project!
Here's the list of hoppers just in case you get off the trail... 🐇
Joy Nelson YOU ARE HERE
Ready to order? Please use the April/May host code (or the current month host code in the right hand column). Use the direct link here.
If your order is $150 or more, be sure to delete my host code so that YOU get Stampin' Rewards (10% of your product subtotal in FREE items you choose).
Contact me via my website if you have any questions.
Want a discount on your Stampin' Up! paper crafting purchases?
A commission based on your sales?
PLUS---now thru May 31st, 2022---get an additional $66.50 of new 2022-2024 In Color products added to your $125 of products of your choice.
ALL for ONLY $99 + tax.
WHAT A DEAL!!! Click here.
Contact me for more info.
Have a comment? Please leave it below. 😃